LAAS TEST FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Duncan Sinclair
Admin
https://laastest.board-directory.net

Info on Personal data on Forumotion Empty Info on Personal data on Forumotion

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:40 pm
Greetings, LAAS testers!

Here's what Forumotion says about how they use user data...

By using this site, you consent that the site uses the personal data which concerns you, and that you have provided. This data is necessary so we can send you newsletters for example, and to permit you to benefit of some services offered by this site.
You benefit of the right to access, to the correction or the opposition concerning the registered collected informations data of your concern. This right can be exerted by sending us a e-mail or by standard mail to the company, by contacting us on the relevant Support Forum.

We are likely to share non-personal information in collective form with third parties.

When we do appeal to third parties in the processing of your personal information, we ensure that they respect our rules of confidentiality as well as any appropriate confidentiality and security measures.

We might transmit information to third parties in precise circumstances, in particular among others, requests from public authorities, in order to prevent fraud or imminent damages, but also to ensure the security of our network and services.

You can also refuse to provide us personal information and / or refuse the cookies in your browser. However, this might disrupt the functioning of some services or features.

With a simple request, you can access to your personal informations, to correct or erase them in case of mistake, via the relevant support forum.
Mike Hayford

Info on Personal data on Forumotion Empty Re: Info on Personal data on Forumotion

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:21 pm
The activate email sent by Forumotion had my password in clear text format. This seems bad, to put it mildly.
Mike
Duncan Sinclair
Admin
https://laastest.board-directory.net

Info on Personal data on Forumotion Empty Re: Info on Personal data on Forumotion

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 pm
You mean it displayed your password and you didn't have a choice to hide it with asterisks?

I'm also noticing that in my reply to you here, it gives me no option to include previous text, as far as I can tell. Although there are a gazillion icons above where I'm typing, so maybe one of them does something. Again - not very user friendly.

Duncan
Mike Hayford

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:39 pm
When I registered for the forum, it sent me an email with a link I had to click on to activate my account. Pretty standard. That email, however, had my forum name and password in clear text Shocked .
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum